Last week, the ruble was under pressure, although it began to strengthen by the end of the week.
The ruble has fallen in price against the dollar by 2.38%, on Friday trades closed at 75.84
The ruble depreciated against the euro by 1.61% to 89.48
The ruble depreciated 1.66% against the yuan to 11.57
Since the beginning of the year, the ruble has lost 1.22% against the dollar, 0.74% against the yuan, and has strengthened by 1.42% against the euro.
All major currencies of developing countries fell in price against the dollar last week:
• Brazilian real is down 4.8% (-8.65% YTD)
• The Mexican peso is down 0.98% (-3.64% YTD)
• Yuan is down 0.58% (-1.43% YTD)
• South Korean won is down 0.04% (-3.95% YTD)
• South African rand is down 2.02% (-1.92% YTD)
The dollar index for the past week has strengthened by 0.88% (+ 3.15% since the beginning of the year)